Friday, September 4, 2009

I am just a drunk*
A drunk is just a kid.
Made to wear whatever hat
The handler puts on his lid.

Blessed I am to have
An audience so fine
With kind eyes they watch
Lift me up to the sky

Injured I was before
Front of evil eyes I flipped.
So not any more
In Adulthood, it's I who commands the whip

---

*I am using drunk here as a slang term for a novice. I don't know if its been used like that before.

This is a poem for my audience who watched me do backflips in Ashland, Oregon. I wanted to note the dynamic of a child or novice performer which sees the audience carry the performance and the adult or professional performer which see themselves commanding the audience.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]