Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hatha Yoga

I am not one who would wish people dead out of anger or hatred and the like. Today I when I was dreaming I saw a dreamt that many people from whom I went to high school with had died in a plane crash. In the dream I looked at a photograph and obsereved with someone next to me that so many of them had died.

After meditation today I felt something like this quote:

109. He whose mind is neither sleeping, waking, remembering, destitute of memory, disappearing nor appearing, is liberated.

110. He feels neither heat, cold, pain, pleasure, respect nor disrespect. Such a Yogi is absorbed in Samadhi.

111. He who, though awake, appears like one sleeping, and is without inspiration and expiration, is certainly free.

112. The Yogi, engaged in Samadhi, cannot be killed by any instrument, and is beyond the controlling powers of beings. He is beyond the reach of incantations and charms.

113. As long as the Prana does not enter and flow in the middle channel and the vindu does not become firm by the control of the movements of the Prana; as long as the mind does not assume the form of Brahma without any effort in contemplation, so long all the talk of knowledge and wisdom is merely the nonsensical babbling of a mad man.


-Hatha Yoga Pradapika

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]