Sunday, December 28, 2008

If this were a desert island,

Day 1:
My lips are parched from thrist. There's a refreshments stand on the backside of the island but they won't take my change, they say I'm not learned enough.
I looked up some words in the dictionary. I've put the word "as" on the confusing word list. Its in alphabetical order so "as: is the first one. I just started it so "as" is the only one, currently.
God save the queen.

Day 2
I don't know if we'll ever get off this island. I mean, there's ships that pass by all the time, but you know, rich snobby people live on them, so we don't bother waving them down.
The dictionary has become my only recourse. After finding out what recourse means, I realize that was an imcomplete statement. Try again: The dictionary has become my only recourse to to the slavery of not understanding, here on this desert island. I feel like I would never be dull or distracted again, if only i knew. For now, I pray that no missunderstood words will crawl out from under my bed and terrorize me.

signed,
mysteriously

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]