Monday, October 13, 2008

The - Totality.

[yeah, the ending of this piece here turned out to be a scam.]
possessions, owndership, loss, and time.

As of last night, I thought that I should write something about an occurance which i learned of... but i decided to meditate first and be silent.

On Oct 4 I managed to get to Greenesboro, North Carolina. By 5 o'clock I maganged to leave undetected on a north bound direction frieght train. By 11am the next morning I was pulling into the large,islanded and electric fenced train yards of Newark, New Jersery. I jumped off. After finding no other way out, I ran back across the narrow train bridges underneath the funny little eyes of the security cameras and in search of streets not listed under the heading of "private property". A 1000 feet later i hopped the fence and landed on safer grounds, next to the hazardous waste facility and some electrical plant. 1000 feet more I meet the ordinary street and a kindly sign welcomed me to Newark, New Jersey. (presumably I was in limbo previous to reading the sign, New York being across the big bridge).

Now, I was never certain where I end up. I had my final goal, but I thought it might be a little more difficult. For a moment I thought I would end up in Ohio, which for some reason amde me happy. Then Allentown. Then, when we blew by Allentown, I knew Northern Jersey was the destination.

This was beneficial for 2 reasons: One, because it was a simple New Jersey transit ride away from Philadelphia, my planned destination. Two, because a friend,Lily who I had been trying to meet up with for a long time lived in New York.

So I attempted to call Lily from a gas station in Newark, but the call couldn't be placed so I hopped on the bus to downtown New York, which happened to stop a block from where I was. $4.40.

I managed to get a hold of Lily, whom I seemed to have woken up. It was nice that I could call her up very much unnanounced and have her be willing to meet up at that same moment. We planned to meet in Uptown Manhattan where she lived. I took the subway uptown and called her up again. In 10 min or so she met me in front of the McDonalds where I had got off the subway. She took me to eat at a nearby restaurant and we talked. She was planning on leaving New York by November and wanted do some more traveling, wanting also to visit friends in Texas. Our presence seemed to bother the restaurant staff as more and more people came in. After a confusing time with wait staff we managed to leave with some "contraband" food and from there decided to sit in the park. We sat and talked and she told me about how she just stared in a movie which will be showing soon and will also be in some film festivals. She told me about her friend who had just gotten beat up a few days before very badly by a group of guys. She said they started when he tried to defend her when one of the guys grabbed her ass. He was in the hospital and she was going to go visit him that night. She took out a camera and a man took a picture of us before we departed. Then we took another arms lenght picture.

She gave me some things to keep and we said goodbye and departed. I left for Philadelphia and that task that I must do right now. Less than a week later, according to her myspace account, On Oct, 11 2008 Lily died in a friends apartment in Uptown Manhattan.
Brahma satyam jagan mithya
Brahman (The Absolute) is real; the world is unreal.


For Lily,

Aum Bhur Bhuva Svah
Tat Savitur Varenyam
Bhargo Devasya Dhimahi
Dhiyo Yo Naha Prachodayat

On the absolute reality and its planes,
On that finest spiritual light,
We meditate, as remover of obstacles
That it may inspire and enlighten us.
(Gayatri Mantra)

Comments:
rip
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]