Monday, October 6, 2008

Our land

I don't think I could fully stress the necessity and benefit of regular meditation. So many situations and locations in life can bring the terribleness in this world to the minds perception. Why can't someone be eternally at peace (without death, not that death brings peace, but sometimes it seems like it does)? Why can't someone always be happy even in the face of the worst-worst things?

The hard way and the easy way are both full of tears.

I just got done the long workout of traveling a big expanse of this country. Perhaps the most profound thing I can think about it is the glory and beauty of the hard way contrasted by that absolute sadness that belongs to the easy way. Laziness is the easy way.
I get sad if I think that I have desired and chosen the easy way at times because the fruits of the easy way are fruits of whatever it is that is easy. But from the silence of meditation you see that the hard way is the real way. The world is not real. Brahma Satyam Jagan Mithya; The Absolute is real, the world is only relativly real.

Here where I am now, my mind keeps perceiving these images of the past, accompanied with emotion and all. But after so long of seeing it, I can't take it anymore. Years of nostalgia and expereiences seen as pretty pictures and identity. Meditation is the only way out of it. Love is beyond those pictures and emotions and identities. The hard way is the only way out of it. And out is the only way.

The hard way without a past is the ultimate path of service.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]