Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Duration.

It is stormy. This storm consists of wind and rain.

Its unfortunate that life consits of dilemma's.

Sometimes the dictionary is so horrible at defining words, but luckily, I am satisfied with this particular definition:

di⋅lem⋅ma  –noun
1. a situation requiring a choice between equally undesirable alternatives.

I think I may even leave this as my whole post becasue I like the definition so much.
But I think again, that something is wrong with having a dilemma because why shouldn't there be a desireable choice??

I know that I have these dilemmas and at the same time Ive known forever what ive wanted out of them (meaning which choice to choose). But It looks like it might be that what confounds one into such a dilemma, or at least me into a whole lot of my own dilemmas, is the abashment of my own true nature.

(I like 4 and 5 particularly)
con⋅found
1. to perplex or amaze, esp. by a sudden disturbance or surprise; bewilder; confuse: The complicated directions confounded him.
2. to throw into confusion or disorder: The revolution confounded the people.
3. to throw into increased confusion or disorder.
4. to treat or regard erroneously as identical; mix or associate by mistake: truth confounded with error.
5. to mingle so that the elements cannot be distinguished or separated.
6. to damn (used in mild imprecations): Confound it!
7. to contradict or refute: to confound their arguments.
8. to put to shame; abash.
9. Archaic.
a. to defeat or overthrow.
b. to bring to ruin or naught.
10. Obsolete. to spend uselessly; waste.


a⋅bash 
–verb (used with object)
to destroy the self-confidence, poise, or self-possession of; disconcert; make ashamed or embarrassed: to abash someone by sneering.


BUT ALAs! How can a dilemma be solved? Maybe this even leads to another dilemma. I could remember all the times the shining of my (or your) spirit was nullified. But this might lead me on a road of self pity or self aggrandizement which wallows in the result rather than percieving and transending the source of woe. Or I could seek to understand my actions and reactions and determine to be free from all fears. HA! It looks like theres not a dilemma at all. thats an easy one. Im just lazy! The problem is laziness and probabaly impatience arising from unabated desire.

a⋅bate
1. to reduce in amount, degree, intensity, etc.; lessen; diminish

Well, now that thats solved, I'm gonna go cry.


(abate, abash, confound, dilemma)

Comments:
this was my favourite
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]